Monday, July 20, 2009

The Use of Time

I talked with a friend today who was telling me the amount of free time she did not have to spend with her kids. When I asked her what the problem was, she listed off all the activities that he children were involved with and how much time each of these activities took.

Now, this mom is only a mother of two children, but she listed 8 activities. 8! How many of these activities did her kids actually asked to be involved in? Not one of them.

I don't completely blame her as it is important for kids to be involved in important activities instead of sitting around all day, every day. On the other hand, what 's wrong with a lazy summer day once in a while? When will your child ever have that opportunity once he or she is grown?

So, my friend, eliminate some of those activities and spend time getting to know your kids!

No comments: